Preparing & Packing
- Read all information sent from Coastal Waves Vacations.
- Read and print out check-in information (emailed 3-5 days prior to arrival). Call the office at 409-502-2719 if you do not see these instructions in your inbox.
- Notify you Credit card company that you are traveling if you are coming in from outside the State of Texas
- Get prescriptions filled and some cash
- Call Coastal Waves Vacations with question before getting out on the road.
1 starter roll of toilet paper per bathroom
1 hotel sized shampoo and soap per bathroom
1 starter roll of kitchen paper towels
2 starter dishwasher pods
Starter dish washing liquid
A few trash bags
2 starter laundry pods
linens for the beds, all standard beds made on arrival
1 set of towels (1 bath, 1 hand, and 1 washcloth) per person
Things to Pack
General household Items
- Toilet paper - enough for your stay
- Kitchen paper towels - enough for your stay
- Facial tissue paper
- Wet wipes
- Paper/Plastic plates, glasses, bowls, cutlery
- Trash Bags- tall kitchen (13 gallons size)
- Plastic Wrap, Aluminum Foil, Zip Lock bags (resealable bags are great for the beach to keep sand out of electronics)
- Plastic storage containers for leftovers
- Dishwasher Soap (2 starter pods of dishwasher pods
- Dish-washing Liquid
- HE Laundry supplies
- All-purpose cleaner
- Hand soap
- Cooler to store seafood.
- Seasonings, oil and condiments
- Perishable items
- Snacks, drinks (water bottles)
- Vinegar – useful for jellyfish stings as well
- Coffee/Tea items (Filters, k-cups, etc.). Check the Amenities tab on your property for details on type of coffee maker at the home.
Specialty cooking items
- Lobster pot, roasting pan, stir-fry wok, rice cooker, bake-ware insta-pot, etc.
- Grilling supplies - Grilling tools, Charcoal, Lighter Fluid, Lighter OR propane. Check the Amenities tab on your property for details on type of grill at the home.
- Cell phone charger,
- Radio or Bluetooth speaker
- Wi-Fi Hotspot for the beach (all our homes have Wi-Fi)
Telescopes (our night skies are just starry)
- Your favorite board or card games or puzzles
- Binoculars – Galveston is home to an array of beautiful birds
Books and magazines you haven't had time to read!
Board games, playing cards, Dominos
Please note ATV, dirt bikes, etc. are strictly prohibited on Galveston Dunes and motorized vehicles are not allowed on most areas of Galveston Beaches.
- Bathing Suits
- Slippers/Flip-flops/Water Shoes/Shoes/socks
- Hat & sunglasses-protection from sun
- Body wash, body soap
- Shaving cream, razor, Etc.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, Mouthwash, etc.
- Brush, Comb, Hair Care Products – (homes have at least one hair dryer)
- Lotion, Deodorant, Cologne
- Feminine Products, Etc.
- Nail Clippers, Etc.
- Contacts (if you wear them) & care supplies/Eye Glasses
- Q-tips and cotton balls
- Medicine – Prescriptions, headaches/colds/allergies
- Mosquito spray, if it's been raining very much
- Aloe Vera
- Baby powder. There’s something magical about it that keeps all the sand off.
- First Aid Travel Kit OR Alcohol and/or Peroxide
- First aid spray or cream
- Flip flops, Water shoes
- Beach bag, Beach Towels (bath towels strictly for in-home use provided)
- Sheet, or light blanket to lay out on. (In-home linens are not allowed on the beach)
- Chairs, Umbrella, Tents
- Beach Cooler
- Water bottle
- Swim goggles
- Flotation aids, Life jackets for non-swimmers and kids
- Beach toys – buckets, shovels, water gun, boogie boards, beach ball, Frisbee, kites, etc.
- Fishing tackle, crabbing nets
- Flashlights – for night walks on the beach
Pet Prep – for pet friendly properties
- Get current vaccinations
- Refill prescriptions
- Food and water bowl
- Leash (bring extra)
- Pick-up Bags
- Indoor & Outdoor (beach) toys
- Life Jacket – even the best swimmers can get carried out by the rip currents.
- Towel (our in-home towels are only for our human guests)
We can refer our trusted partners for rental of Medical equipment, golf cart, beach equipment, baby equipment; call our office for details.